Friday, June 1, 2012

Friday Focus - Movers & Shapers

Happy Friday, F&F fans!  Marjie Kemper here, hosting the Friday Focus. Today we're featuring Sizzix Movers & Shapers dies, and they'll be on sale in Linda's Funkie Junkie Boutique all week.  If you're new to these you may want to check out this 5-minute video by Tim Holtz.

I made this tag using the butterflies dies:


It's popped up with foam tape on top of the second tag, really showing the detail of the cuts. You can use any of the Movers & Shapers dies this way to create a kind of 'shadow box' anywhere on your project. Using the base tray, I positioned the butterflies where I wanted, laid the tag on top, and cut:


The dies are magnetized so once you put them where you want, there's no chance of them slipping.  Because they are steel-ruled, you can cut much more than paper with these.  I used manila card stock today but you can also use grunge board, fabric, acrylic, corrugated cardboard, shrink plastic, etc. 

This next one utilizes the large and small ticket dies:


I sprayed manila card stock with Dylusions Ink Sprays, cut the large tag from it, and stamped it up.  The mini ticket was colored with distress markers and ink, then dipped in beeswax.  I attached everything with a strip of scrap card stock, brads, and Linda's burlap string.

For the tag below, I used the gears (large and mini), as well as letters from Tim's new Wordplay die:


Details on this one are on my blog today.

One last thing I want to point out about the Movers & Shapers is based on how you position the dies, you can easily make your own stencils with them.  I started playing with the ticket die and a tag below. If I'd had more time I'd have pulled a longer piece of paper and made a nice long border of ticket 'windows' to ink through.  Placing the dies directly against the edge of the Base Tray gives you control in terms of spacing how far apart your cuts are.


Thanks for visiting today!  Be sure to check the shop for Linda's great deals on all the Movers & Shapers this week.   Here's what I used on my projects:

14 comments:

  1. Super demonstration of the M&S dies, Marjie! That pink and yellow butterfly tag is beyond sensational. That color combo really packs a punch - wow, totally gorgeous. The other samples are phenomenal too! Thanks so much for such a terrific Friday Focus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh wow these are all just brilliant,the butterfly tag is amazing,and well the rest what can i say fantastic,hugs Cherylxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marjie, totally LOVING your deep red butterflies tag!. I can't stop peeking inside, LOL. Beautiful colors!. I'm going to try do a journal page with these same colors, so inspiring!.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Outstanding work! Your creations are all gorgeous. I looove the colors and thank you for the wonderful inspiration! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow- is the first thing that popped into my head. Love the vibrant colors you get with the sprays! Love the great visual tutorial- beautiful projects!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marjie. Fabulous creations. I love my movers and shapers dies x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Marjie, how fabulous, butterflies are my favourite creatures and your first tag is stunning, really brightens up my dull (weather) day here. The second tag is beautiful but the third is, well, I can't think of a word to adequately describe it - brilliant is all I can come up with. Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marjie, this is rocking cool and I am sure will answer some questions for those not familar with the Movers and Shapers! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These projects are wonderful Marjie!!! Love the cut out butterflies...that's a new one! Just gorgeous work!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marjie...I love your work. It is always so vibrant and joyful...just looking at it elevates my spirit. I love the idea of a 2 layer tag....Fun!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stopped on in by way of your blog! Great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous work Marjie, love the butterflies. Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the depth and colors of the butterfly tag~ nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the depth and colors of the butterfly tag~ nice work!

    ReplyDelete